On the following list of books, I will present a reading matter that I enjoyed and would recommend for everyone to read. Over time I will probably add sections and more explanations but for now, it is what it is.
Evergreens for Everyone
- The Tao of Wu. The Rza.
- Bird by Bird: Some instructions on writing and life. Anne Lamot.
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Robert Kyosaki.
- Tribes – We Need You To Lead Us. Seth Godin.
Choreography Related Books
- A Choreographer’s Handbook. Jonathan Burrows.
- Choreographischer Baukasten – Das Buch. Gabriele Klein. (German language)
- Choreographie – Handwerk und Vision. Konstantin Tsakalidis. (German language)
Business Related Books
- ReWork: Change the way you work forever. David Hansson, Jason Fried.
- It doesn’t have to be crazy at work. David Hansson, Jason Fried.
- This Is Marketing. Seth Godin.
- The Practice: Shipping Creative Work. Seth Godin.
Motivation for Dancers and other Artists
- Steal like an Artist. Austin Kleon.
- The Philosophy of Andy Warhol. Andy Warhol.
Performance Skills and Acting
- Truth: Personas, Needs and Flaws. Susan Batson.
Parenting and Teaching Children
- Hold on to your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers. Gordon Neufeld & Gabor Maté.
And when you are already here and did not yet check my own books, you can grab Dance Smart, Performance Skills or sign up for my email list to receive a free copy of the pdf 7 Questions To Ask Every Move.
If you grab a book via one of the links to Amazon, I get a provision of the sale. The price for you stays the same. This helps me to continue my work and is very much appreciated.