The list of house dance steps below is what I learned in my journey with house dance. It is not complete and will never be as our dances are still alive and growing every day.
Bold is the name of the move that I consider the correct one. Most of the time it’s the name I got taught.
(In parenthesis there are alternative names when written next to the name or general comments when in the back of the line).
In italic letters, I added additional info when I have it. The name after an s stand for source, meaning who I learned the move from. o stands for origin and is used whenever a move is from another style imported into house.
I also add a link to tutorials when I find ones, that I consider good.
How to make the most out of your house dance steps
If you want to find out how to make the most out of the moves you already know, consider grabbing a copy of Dance Smart from Amazon or get a free copy of 7 Questions To Ask Every Move when signing up for my email list.
The List of House Dance Steps & Moves
- Jack in the Box. s Buddha Stretch
- Criss Cross. s Didier o Hip Hop
- Jack Jumps. s Loftex
- Stomp. s Buddha Stretch
- Shuffe (Dodger, Shuffle & Dodge). s Rabah, Loftex
- Pas de Bourée. s Rabah
- Sidewalk. s Caleaf
- Salsa Step. s David Colas
- Snake. s Loftex
- Roger Rabbit (Reject). s Caleaf, Loftex o Hip Hop
- Set Up. s Loftex
- Farmer. s Marjory Smarth
- Gallop Shuffle. s Caleaf
- Gallop Shuffle Cross. s Caleaf
- Heel Toe. s Rabah
- Heel Toe Hop. s Loftex
- Can Opener. s Loftex
- Player. s Loftex
- Train. s Caleaf
- Scissors. s Hiro
- Lotus (Marjory). s Loftex
- Salsa Hop. s Caleaf
- Swirl. s Loftex
- Chase. s Didier
- Loose Legs. s Caleaf
- African Step. s Loftex
- Triangle. s Loftex
- Diamond. s Loftex
- Crosswalk. s Caleaf
- Crossroads. s Rabah
- Peter Paul. s Loftex
- Pow Wow (B-Boys). s Loftex
- Jogs. s Loftex
- Reverse Jogs. s Loftex
- Pivoting Pas de Bourée (Pivot Step). s Loftex
- Spongebob (Party Machine). s Link
- Scribble Feet (Triplet Step). s Caleaf
- Lofty. s Storm
- Dolphin. s Niako
- Spiderman Style. s Loftex
- Tip Tap Toe (Fort Green). s Buddha Stretch
- The Skate. s Buddha Stretch o Hip Hop
If you want to make the most out of your moves, consider grabbing a copy oy my book Dance Smart, which is about concepts you can apply to all your steps. This would mean the world for me and I do a little happy dance every time someone orders the book.