Strange times, that’s for sure. We are confused. Some of us scream for more personal responsibility and freedom, while others want stronger government intervention and control.
I did not publish a lot recently. Life kept me busy with things that were not related to dance. I also took the time to read and think a lot. Some books were more thought-provoking than others. Here are some that I want to recommend if you are looking for stuff to read.
- 1984. George Orwell. (there are also two graphic novels available, and you might consider grabbing Animal Farm as well)
- Schöne Neue Welt. Aldous Huxley. (Original title: Brave New World)
- Die gefährliste aller Religionen. Larken Rose. (Original title: The Most Dangerous Superstition)
- Psychologie der Massen. Gustave Le Bon. (Original title: Psychologie des Foules, French. Psychology of Crowds, English)
- Fahrenheit 451. Ray Bradbury.
- Beyond Freedom and Dignity. B. Skinner.
- The Handmaid’s Tale. Margaret Atwood.
If you are reading them in 2023, I guarantee a mind-bending journey.
I also have a more extensive list of book recommendations for various topics.
The links in this article are affiliate links, which will take you to Amazon.